Friday, March 29, 2013

Tsp Numbers for the first quarter 2013

My TSP account balance has increased in size by $78,000 from 1/1/2013 - 3/31/13. That is a 12.1% increase for 3 months. Year over Year, my account has increased in value by $120,707 or 19.9%. 

My exact number is a mystery. :)

One more note, if I had been all G(T-bills), for the last year, I would be up $8,800 for the year. I think learning how to manage risk is worth the risk.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Monday, March 25, 2013

AAPl is almost there.

Apple is almost ready to fire a full buy signal by crossing and holding every level marketed on the chart. First it broke up out of a Bear flag which goes against the norm. Second it broke up through the downtrend line. Third, it broke up through my CBL line and held it. Now it just crossed the 50 day simple moving average but I would like to see it close above the 50 exponential average and hold it. Today that level is $464.48 and current price is $462.75. So I'll wait for the close above the 50 exponential and then follow through the next day and maybe put a buy order on Apple. Another bonus, it's acting good in all this turmoil the last few weeks in the markets.
My son found MMS above and today even though the markets were down, this stock was up. This looks to be another great buy and I wish I would have started a position today. Might have to start accumalating cash.

Monday, March 18, 2013

Apple is setting up.

aapl

I have been patiently waiting with Apple looking for a reversal and not a bottom. It has teased and head faked several times since September 2012. Now it is back at it and this time is not much different the past moves, but it is a move, so we have to watch it. The current bear flag is beginning to fail because we popped out the top last Friday and today, even though the overall market is down, Apple is up and confirming out of the bear flag. That is plus 1. The next item of interest here is that it just barely trading above my CBL buy line. Now the rules out, first we close above the CBL and then wait until the next day for confirmation. Meaning that price goes higher the next day and or stays above the CBL the next day. Plus 2. Now the last thing that I personally need to see is price to close above the 50 day moving average and then confirm the next day. Looking at the buy zone box I drew on the chart above, you will see the 50 day moving is still above price but tomorrow and beyond, the 50 day is going to move into that box. Plus 3, maybe.

Ok, so Apple is watch and maybe, just maybe, she has found a bottom. Wait for it.

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Weekly Stock report, 3/15/13

Well I made some moves this week and it cost me my small profit that I had going into the week. I only had a $48 profit for the year going into the week so it would not have taken much to put me below water. AN, was turning against me and even though it never gave me an official sell signal, the trend looked bad. At the same time my purchase in RWT was on such a nice roll, that when I sold AN, I put that money directly into RWT and now it is my largest position. I also sold KORS when it fell below my CBL stop loss. So, a $10 loss on KORS and $92 loss on AN has put me back in my familiar territory.

Ok, below will be a chart for every position I own and notes will be on the charts. Also below will be my current numbers for the year.

YTD profit = ($56.51) –.31%

Unrealized profit = $1045.27 = 5.45%

CBIciCSE

DECKFBHSGWR

PCLRWTSCI

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Bought RWT

After the long hold on KORS with no results to show, I decided that I would run with RWT.

RWT

Monday, March 11, 2013

Sold KORS

Meh!! I held this stock from October 2012 and ended up with a $10.67 loss after commission. I was up, then down, the up, and then finished down. What a roller coaster KORS was for me. I still believe because of all the money they are making it will zoom in time. The time was just not right now. So, back into the watch list and maybe I will get another shot in the future.

kors